Saturday, December 3, 2016

Family Council




























All semester family councils have continued to pop up in all of my classes that pertain to my major. Having a formal family council is not something I have really done regularly with my family growing up, although I do remember a few family meetings here and there. My husband and I have also not put into practice regular and formal family councils yet but the more this subject comes up and I have had to study it the more I feel that it is something I want to start doing and really believe it will be of benefit to us.
Family councils are a place to bring up topics of concern or other issues that need addressed, it is an opportunity to hear the opinions of all involved, and an opportunity to become closer as a family. I think that it is a great way to make all members of the family feel involved and on the same page with one another. In one of my classes it was mentioned that a family council is a way to keep everyone up to date with the different activities everyone is involved in.
A reason why I want to start holding formal family councils is to give my husband and I a more structured time to talk about and keep up to date with our budget, our plans for the week, and anything else that comes up. We still talk about those things now but there are times when we go longer without catching up in depth on the budget or something else and confusion happens. I feel like those discussions are best held when there is ample time to talk about it, and when we are both alert. Talking about finances while falling asleep late at night isn’t usually very productive.  
Different Family Councils:

No comments:

Post a Comment