Thursday, October 27, 2016

It's the Little Things


This week we studied the concept of turning towards each other in our marriage class. As an assignment we were given the task of tracking what we do to turn towards our spouse if married, and a roommate or family member if single. Over the past couple days, it has been interesting to keep my eyes open to those little acts that cause my husband and I to turn towards each other. I really have noticed just how many small moments are involved in keeping us connected throughout our day. Simple things, like getting up and out of bed with my husband so we can spend that little snippet of time together getting ready for work before we both leave for the day. Sweet texts throughout the day. Help with dishes at night so that it becomes an activity we do while discussing things together instead of a silent chore alone. 
These are all small little moments, even mundane daily tasks, that keep us connected and growing together as we use that time to build and reinforce our relationship. It truly is the foundation for something greater and I can tell the difference on the days I don’t get out of bed and see my husband off to work, or miss out on one of the other small moments to turn towards him – there is a feeling of disconnect throughout the day and usually we are both more out of sorts by the end of the day. Truly a powerful practice to be more aware of in our daily lives! I encourage practicing this in any relationship.I know I could benefit from connecting more with my siblings, with a difference in age and situation it has become more difficult to keep the same level of closeness we shared in the past.

(The cute scripture layout I found was from this site:http://ryanslds.tumblr.com/post/16097587837/do-something-small-today-youll-do-great)

No comments:

Post a Comment